To help prevent domestic homicide and domestic violence, we would appreciate hearing from you:
Are you a survivor of severe domestic violence who is now safe? OR Were you close to a victim of domestic homicide?
Did you or the domestic homicide victim belong to one or more of the following groups?
- Indigenous Peoples
- Immigrants and/or refugees
- People living in rural, remote, and/or northern communities
- Children exposed to domestic violence or parents/caregivers of children killed in the context of domestic violence
We want to learn from people with experiences that occurred between 2006 and 2016.
Participants must be at least 18 years and willing to have their interview recorded. Interviews can be in the language you are comfortable speaking as long as we can find an appropriate interpreter and will take approximately one to two hours to complete.
Each person who participates will be offered a $50 gift card to thank you for your time. You can share your story with us by phone, video conference, or in-person. If needed, travel and/or childcare costs will be covered. Translators can also be provided.
We will work with you to protect your safety and privacy.
For more information, or to participate in this project, please contact the person listed below from your region:
- British Columbia - Kate Rossiter, Simon Fraser University and Ending Violence Association of British Columbia – email@example.com or 604-633-2506 ext. 12
- Prairies – Renee Hoffart, University of Manitoba – firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-474-7410
- Ontario – Anna-Lee Straatman, Western University – email@example.com or 1-844-958-0522
- Quebec – Janie Dolan Cake (English), Concordia University | Melanie Ederer (French), L’Université du Québec à Montréal | firstname.lastname@example.org | 514-987-3000 ext. 8754
- Maritimes – Cathy Holtmann, University of New Brunswick – email@example.com or 506-458-7442
- Northern Territories – Pertice Moffitt, North Slave Research Centre – PMoffitt@auroracollege.nt.ca or 867-446-7560
The end date for participation is September 30, 2020.
This project has been reviewed and approved by:
University of Guelph REB # 19-02-013
Western University REB # 112430
Aurora College - 20191001
University of Calgary - REB19-0574
University of Manitoba - P2019:105 (HS23209)
University of Saskatchewan - 1341
Ryerson University - 2019-197
University of New Brunswick 2019-058 (#53)
St. Mary’s University 19-079